Fondly called “the Wreckage” or “the 60”. Tom of famed Tomsoffroad&Customs has a 1983 60 series land cruiser that he has been modifying for the last 5 years and is still in a constant state of evolution while being thrashed to the max. In particular Tom has a plan to address the rear suspension by installing an 80 series rear diff housing and change the suspension to a double triagulated setup. Every thing from the cab rearward is likely to get modified. Also on the list are new beadlocks and hydro assisted steering sourced from Trailgear.
Tomsoffroad&Customs offer fabrication services and sell well known products from Amada, Dobi and other cool suspension components.
The 60 for the time-being is with:
- The Factory 2h 4 litre which is turboed with custom manifold.
- Custom 4″ snorkel and air box, 3″ exhaust, custom engine and gearbox mount.
- 5 spd, Marks crawler transfer gears (58% low reduction, 8% high reduction)
- Front diff is factory 60 series housing, heavily reinforced.4.1:1 ratio 9.5″ diff with Sparten mechanical locker
- Original Bobby Longfield cv’s/axles, trailgear hub gears, six shooter Hi-steer knuckles, IFS hub swap, arp studs in everything. Heavy duty tie rod and draglink.
- Rear diff is a 60 series housing heavily reinforced, 4.1:1 ratio 9.5″ diff with a Sparten locker.
- 37×14.5×15 Maxxis Creepy Crawlers on 15×10″ rims
- The Suspension is a 3 link with panhard rod front, 16″ Amada coilovers.
- Triangulated 4 link rear. 16″ Amada coilovers and Amada hydraulic bump stops
- The Body/chassis from the rear wall forward is 60 series chassis which has been reinforced. Rearward is custom chassis.
- Custom front bar with a Warn 8274 winch. Sliders, roll cage, custom deck, custom gear box and bash plate, as you can see, everything pretty much is custom on the Wreckage.
source and thanks Tomsoffroadandcustom